Wednesday, April 18, 2012

7 weeks



I went to my first ob/gyn appointment as a pregnant lady yesterday. I was totally nervous. I was scared that she was going to say, "Oops, sorry, you're not really pregnant. It's all in your head. Now stop complaining that you're tired and get to work!" But that's not what happened. She took a look at the last time I got my period (Feb. 28) and said, "Oh yeah, you're pregnant." We did the traditional pelvic exam (everything is still there) and then talked a bit.

In the middle of my exam, Ken came and was invited in after I was poked a bit. Like a good dad, he asked a bunch of questions about my skin rash (she told us not to worry...phew!), exercise and diet.

So, as of right now my doctor thinks that I am about 7 weeks along (baby is the size of a blueberry!) but I have a sonogram appointment next Wednesday to confirm. That puts my delivery date at December 5. It seems so far away!! I know that it will go by quickly though.

Some news that I got that I wasn't too thrilled with is that I can not kickbox anymore. I was just starting to get back into it so it's a bummer that I can't continue. But even worse, she advised against riding my bicycle. If I fell or got knocked off, I could miscarry. It's not worth the risk and I will do whatever is necessary to keep my baby healthy but boy will I miss my beloved bicycle. RIP for now my little bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment